History of Bras

by - February 01, 2020

Like many other pages on my site, I'm sharing some favorite links on the subject.

The first patent for the bra has a somewhat scandalous story.  Below is a video from "Drunk History" that's fairly entertaining.  Fun fact: They joke in the video about changing her name to Clytoris, it seems they briefly considered the name, but they chose Caresse and actually named the dog Clytoris.



When I went to see if I could confirm some of this information on the internet, I found the wikipedia article to be just as entertaining. 

Caresse Crosby

Caresse Crosby (born Mary Phelps Jacob; April 20, 1891 - January 24, 1970) was the first recipient of a patent for the modern bra, an American patron of the arts, publisher, and the "literary godmother to the Lost Generation of expatriate writers in Paris."

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please be kind, y'all!